Cinnamon, the GNOME Shell fork used by default in Linux Mint 13 (Cinnamon Edition), has reached version 1.6, getting many new features: a new 2D session, workspace OSD, new applets and lots more!
Major changes in Cinnamon 1.6:
- Cinnamon 2D session (uses software rendering)
- Workspace OSD: you can now name the workspaces (which are persistent in Cinnamon)
- ALT + Tab improvements: you can now use thumbnails or previews
- Improved sound applet: larger album cover, mute buttons for speakers and microphone and more
- Grid View in Expo
- The panel is fully customizable: options to configure auto-hide delay and the panel height have been added to Cinnamon Settings.
- many other improvements and bug fixes
Check out more exciting features from the video below (and from the source link!).