Since the beginning of Android, many smartphones that ran the OS had limited internal storage. This resulted is much app management and disappointment from many fans worldwide. As a solution to this dilemma, Android 2.2 (Froyo) was released. This Android version added the ability to move compatible apps to the SD card. This was a blessing indeed to many hardcore Android fans. To help with easier app management, App 2 SD focuses on simple app management as efficiently as possible.
- View all SD card capable apps and move them seamlessly
- notify if movable apps installed
- 1-tap to clear all app cache
- export the app list to SD card
- install apps from the exported app list (PRO-only)
- home screen widget shows cache and available size
- show app cache/data/code/total size
- keep track of total and available storage space
- sort through apps stored on phone and SD card
- add movable apps to the ignore list
- move apps back to the internal storage
- view app on Market
- quick uninstall apps by drag-n-drop
- open app
- show app details page
- support "Move2SD Enabler"
- customizable notification sound, vibrate and light
The app is meant to move compatible apps to SD card and not for backup purposes. It also features handy tools such as a cache cleaner to help free up some memory.