I have, on the random occasion, sat and pondered about how I would die (assuming that Jehovah's day doesn't come before then), and I wondered that after I died how many people would be bothered to come to my funeral, not that I really want one to be held in my name. I personally don't find it appealing nor worth the trouble for others to summarize my uneventful life.
I'd imagine whether I would die from some incurable sickness, purely from old age, some traffic accident, overdose in caffeine, a heart attack, or maybe choking on my food. This afternoon, one of my friends posted in his news feed the following link to the Wikipedia article on a list of unusual deaths. This article kept me entertained for almost one hour.
It turns out that people have died from:
- choking on a piece of hair while drinking milk;
- a combination of indigestion and uncontrollable laughing;
- attacked by a Cassowary;
- a broken neck when the owner's long scarf got caught in the wheels of a car;
- two strokes after reading a negative premature obituary of himself;
- drank himself to death with carrot juice;
- alcohol intoxication after immersion for twelve hours in a bathtub filled with 40% ethanol. It was believed that she had immersed herself as a response to the SARS epidemic;
- collapsed of fatigue and died after playing the videogame StarCraft online for almost 50 consecutive hours;
- drowned after his kayak was capsized by a swan, which then proceeded to block him from escaping to shore.
So, how will you die?